Peter, thanks.

But, my original question was not worded well. What I am really looking for is: What major feature change prevented older operating system versions from running on the newer box.

For example: What changed on the z990 that forced the use of the z990 compatability feature?

I am not talking simple things like OSA configure or IOCP to support new hardware, but real changes that just made the base operating system fail.

Tony Thigpen