From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Brian Westerman <brian_wester...@syzygyinc.com>
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2020 5:48 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: rename a dataset in acs routine?

Jes Exit 6 seems to be the best place to do this.  There is only a max of one
dataset per job and it's never re-read in that same job (or any other) and we
already know what the dataset(s) are called, so it's pretty simple to scan for
the DSN= text object and if the supplied DSN matches one of the ones we want,
we just replace it with the symbolic.  Actually at that point in time I could
just insert the actual date and time.  The test version does just that.  Of
course as soon as I started writing the exit, several people came in to ask for
more "features".  The only thing I forgot was a way to bypass the exit in the
event that I wanted to actually process one of the tapes manually (by volser),
but I now have that worked out as well, I just don't have time to test it
properly at this time.  I also think it's possible to limit the processing to
ONLY the jobs that we know will contain the fiche tapes, so I'm waiting on a
programmer to tell me if that's true.

Brian

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz