From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Juergen Kehr
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 2:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Where to find TSO defaults?

Hello, perhaps a fairly stupid question:

In the description of the RACF TSO segment for several settings TSO defaults
are referenced.

HOLDCLASS(hold-class)
Specifies the user's default hold class. ...
If you … do not specify a value for HOLDCLASS, RACF uses a default value
consistent with current TSO defaults.
JOBCLASS(job-class)
Specifies the user's default job class. ...
If you … do not specify a value for JOBCLASS, RACF uses a default value
consistent with current TSO defaults.
MAXSIZE(maximum-region-size)
Specifies the maximum region size the user can request at logon. ...
If you … do not specify a value for MAXSIZE, or specify MAXSIZE(0), RACF uses a
default value consistent with current TSO defaults.
MSGCLASS(message-class)
Specifies the user's default message class. The specified value must be 1
alphanumeric character, excluding national characters.
If … do not specify a value for MSGCLASS, RACF uses a default value consistent
with current TSO defaults.
SYS(sysout-class)
Specifies the user's default SYSOUT class. ...
If … do not specify a value for SYS, RACF uses a default value consistent with
current TSO defaults

My question now is, where are these defaults specified and how to change them?

Kind regards.
Juergen