[Default] On 8 Oct 2020 17:42:10 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
reichman...@gmail.com (Joseph Reichman) wrote:

>I have no idea who the sysorog is
>
>Honestly I’m told to do something I try my best to accomplish my superiors
>just tell me to ask different people
>
>I have come to the point no one wants to help so I take the attitude I’ll do
>what ever tell me what ever happens happens s

This task should be simple and require no authorized code. COBOL, PL1,
and C/C== have the capability of writing JCL by reading the catalog
(at worst an IDCAMS listing) emitting the appropriate JOB and EXEC
images and using the data set names to create the input DD cards.  The
actual selection and extraction program should be written in the
higher level (COBOL, PL1, C/C++) language for which record
descriptions for the data on the files exist (I would hope in 2020
that it isn't assembler only).  Having written programs to deal with
the SMF30 records with variable position keys and extract CALL and
COPY information from COBOL and DYL280 (now Vision Results) programs,
I find it hard to believe that you are faced with a difficult task. If
the language is COBOL, I have written code in COBOL to handle bit
switches (snitched from a posting on comp.software.year-2000) and
reference modification is simple.

Clark Morris

Clark Morris