Coming from the guy who said he does PayPal, Amazon, & Apple transactions and
doesn’t know those transactions are mainframe processed through a bank.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, October 12, 2020, 5:53 AM, David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 2020-10-12 12:19 AM, Bill Johnson wrote:
> Amazon, PayPal, & Apple either have a mainframe (PayPal did when I
> interviewed there)

In what parallel universe did Amazon, Paypal run a mainframe? lala-land?

If I google "paypal technology stack" and I don't see a mainframe!
Mainframes are for running legacy applications written in COBOL, PL/I etc.
Paypal is written in Java, Scala, Python and recently replatformed to
Node.js - JavaScript!