From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Dana Mitchell
Sent: 13 October 2020 16:36
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ISPF dsn sort

-- This email has reached the Bank via an external source --

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 16:17:48 +0100, Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw
<lennie-brads...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>I can use ISPF 3.4 to display a set of data sets.
>If I scroll right then I am shown the space usage figures.
>Scroll right again and I am shown the DSORG, RECFM, Lrecl and Blksize.
>
>If I now enter SORT DSORG I am presented with a progress bar and I am informed
>that information is being collected to perform the sort.
>
>Given that the DSORG was already displayed, why does ISPF go and collect the
>same information again?

I would guess that to display DSORG,  it only collects info from the DSNAMEs
that fit on your screen.  In order to SORT DSORG,  it has to collect the entire
list before displaying

Dana

Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ.
Registered in Scotland no. SC95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555.

Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN.
Registered in England and Wales no. 2065. Telephone 0207626 1500.

Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ.
Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Telephone: 03457 801 801.

Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London
EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 10399850.

Scottish Widows Schroder Personal Wealth Limited. Registered Office: 25 Gresham
Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 11722983.

Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc are
authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the
Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.

Scottish Widows Schroder Personal Wealth Limited is authorised and regulated by
the Financial Conduct Authority.

Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets Wertpapierhandelsbank GmbH is a wholly-owned
subsidiary of Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets
Wertpapierhandelsbank GmbH has its registered office at Thurn-und-Taxis Platz
6, 60313 Frankfurt, Germany. The company is registered with the Amtsgericht
Frankfurt am Main, HRB 111650. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets
Wertpapierhandelsbank GmbH is supervised by the Bundesanstalt für
Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc.

HBOS plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in
Scotland no. SC218813.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may
contain privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and delete it (including any attachments) immediately. You
must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it or any
attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.