Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>I thought I was being disingenuous after Bill Godfrey's plaint,
>"just a sandbox". But why is there RACF entanglement?

I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly, but you can certainly run
ICSF without RACF. You can also license base z/OS (which includes ICSF)
without the z/OS Security Server (which includes RACF) if you wish. I
think RACF requires ICSF, or at least often could, but ICSF does not
require RACF.

>Accommodation to French law which (formerly?) harshly prohibits
>encryption? (I suspect ROT13 is proscribed.) How does that law
>accommodate HTTPS?

I'm by no means an expert on French law. However, it took me about 30
seconds to figure out that France liberalized encryption-related law in
2004.

>Are there C header files for APIs to these?

Yes, ICSF offers C interfaces. One option is to use the CKM_MD5 message
digesting function via ICSF's PKCS #11 interface. Here's an entry point
into the applicable documentation (current link for z/OS 2.4, subject to
change):

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.4.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r4.csfba00/capi.htm

Timothy Sipples
I.T. Architect Executive
Digital Asset & Other Industry Solutions
IBM Z & LinuxONE
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com