On Thu, 19 Nov 2020, at 00:19, Charles Mills wrote:
> Right! I remember that. I remember that was how you ran anything. You
> started a real reader: it fired up the 2540 and read in the job. And
> then you did a S WTR (?) to print the output. OS/360 on a 360/40.

But the S RDR... command doesn't start a real reader.  It's just starting a
started task.   The previous reply talking about $TA etc was for faking a
scheduler.  All you need is a way to run an IEBGENER to an INTRDR and
that could also be in a normal job (subject to what one's security software
allows).

You only need the $TA aspect if you want JES2 to handle the aspect of
deciding when the STC is to execute.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.