In article <0a3501d6be09$afb97b80$0f2c7280$@mcn.org>,
 Charles Mills <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote:

> Right! I remember that. I remember that was how you ran anything. You
> started a real reader: it fired up the 2540 and read in the job. And then
> you did a S WTR (?) to print the output. OS/360 on a 360/40.
>
> Sometimes nostalgia actually is the answer.

HASP made it easier; if you allocated an output data set as UNIT=INTRDR,
whatever was written to it would get read as input to HASP (that is, if it
started with a //    JOB  card, it would be treated as a batch job).  I
believe that was carried into JES2, as well, but for security reasons, it
isn't used that way any more.