On 2020-11-24 14:11 PM, Kirk Wolf wrote:
I'm doing ISPF-compatible member enqueues, while loading a bunch of members
with BPAM/BSAM.
I'm following the doc, which indicate SCOPE=SYSTEMS:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.f54pc00/isppcmmnamen.htm

I guess that I don't understand the distinction between GRS and sharing
within a SYSPLEX wrt SCOPE=SYSTEMS.   I had assumed that SCOPE=SYSTEMS is
not only GRS, but also for serializing across members of a sysplex.  No?

BTW: with SCOPE=SYSTEM, it is blazing fast.

The doc you linked shows the resource as:
|ENQ SPFEDIT,rname,E,52,SYSTEMS so you should use the identical qname, rname and scope for your ENQ. As Ed pointed out in another message, it looks like you have GRS ring mode set up on your system, and you are running a single system. You might get some benefits from changing GRS=RING to GRS=NONE. |