On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 07:43:24 +1100, Wayne Bickerdike <wayn...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Many moons ago, when I was a trainee programmer I asked my senior
>programmer why IBM couldn't just get rid of JCL. He laughed. I was serious,
>still am 45 years later.

How do you solve the ENQ deadlock problem?  Telephone the sysop and
ask that the other guy be cancelled.

You need a language that performs multiple ENQs en masse.  Your design
is graded C- if the programmer needs to mention any DSN more than once.

It's been a while since JOL has been touted here as an alternative.
Perhaps Clement Clarke is no longer a contributor.

-- gil