You might need to set MIHPTO using the FICONCUPSET command.  The default is
180 seconds and it can be set using a channel command, presumably you have
connection software doing this to set it to 0.  The specifics are hardware
dependent, for example Brocade directors.  Don't casually change the
configuration if you aren't intimately familiar with these commands.