From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Sean Gleann [sean.gle...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 5:30 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Request for help with removing sequence numbers from PDS members

I've been told by Powers That Be that this line of development is redundant
& that a different solution has been independently developed elsewhere in
the company. (*sigh* - 'twas ever thus)
But I'm still interested in discovering what I'm doing wrong.
To that end, here's the jobstream I'm using, in the hope that someone can
pin-point the problem:
(I do so hope that this comes through without being reformatted by various
e-mail servers...)

<job statement>
//RUNREXX  EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//SYSTSPRT DD   SYSOUT=*
//ISPMLIB  DD   DSN=ISP.SISPMENU,DISP=SHR
//ISPPLIB  DD   DSN=ISP.SISPPENU,DISP=SHR
//ISPSLIB  DD   DSN=ISP.SISPSLIB,DISP=SHR
//ISPTLIB  DD   DSN=ISP.SISPTENU,DISP=SHR
//ISPPROF  DD   DISP=(NEW,PASS),SPACE=(TRK,(1,1,1)),
//          DSORG=PO,RECFM=FB,BLKSIZE=27920,LRECL=80
//SYSEXEC  DD   DSN=<my SYSEXEC PDS>,DISP=SHR
//SYSTSIN  DD   *
ISPSTART CMD(STRIPNOS <input pds dsname>)

and here is the first part of the STRIPNOS REXX program - such as it is
right now:

/* REXX to strip line numbers in place */
/* trace i */
parse source
arg dataset
say "PDS to be modified:" dataset
"ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS RETURN"
"ISREDIT MACRO"
edMac = rc
"ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS CANCEL"
 (followed by the rest of Andy's solution, currently all commented out)

 ** Mark well that phrase 'as it is right now'. As I've already detailed,
I've tried many different variants of this code to try and get something
working, with a notable lack of success

Regards
Sean