Whilst this basically true, you can have the same REXX invoked as a macro
using the technique I used.

Wrapping ISREDIT MACRO in CONTROL ERRORS allows you to get the RC20 if it's
not running under Edit (and obviously any other major reasons) , this
enabling you to determine which path through the program you need to take.

If you call other edit macros from within an edit macro when both have
ISREDIT MACRO coded, you also get the RC20. Again wrapping that in CONTROL
ERRORS allows you to use a macro as a user command as well as calling it
from other macros.

Andy