On 5/02/2021 1:32 am, Charles Mills wrote:
TCP/IP certainly makes use of lots of UNIX services.

Yes, and it goes both ways. I'm working a project right now with one of the original IBM OMVS developers and he told me that the BPX callable services wrap Comms Server APIs and then the LE C/C++ runtime wrap the BPX services. AF_UNIX sockets are handled in OMVS.  It was an inspired decision by IBM to provide callable services for z/OS UNIX and not another macro interface like EZASMI.