LINK is one step, rather than LOAD/CALL/DELETE.  LINK will honor the target
module's reusability attributes.  It is more overhead for a frequently
invoked program.  Technically, LINK creates a new PRB, which is sometimes,
if rarely, required.  You would probably find out the first time if the
called program does an XCTL or an EXIT and you crash.

sas