Sorry, need to get into the way back machine....maybe 25 years ago....maybe
more.

I worked on an application that was COBOL and had Assembler macros that were
used in the code.
Like a COBOL Copybook was turned into an Assembler macro so that you could
specify PFX=WRK or BCN or whatever is needed.
Then when you Compile your program, first it would go thru the Assembler.  The
Assembler would do nothing but pull in the Copybook
Macro and generate it with the PFX resolved.  The Assembler would pass thru the
source that was input to the COBOL compiler.

Does anyone know if this is still possible ??
I don't see any Assemble Options that act like a pass thru....i've tried
various options using DECK to get program passed thru to SYSPUNCH,
But the SYSPUNCH output is prepped for the Binder, instead of Source Statements.
If its still possible, anyone know how to do this ??

Thanks,

Tom
The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all
copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and
(iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any
message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons
other than the intended recipient. Thank you.