@Seymour: The two TCBs have different functions and I got a dump which shows
when the AS created by TCB1 terminates, the exit from TCB2 got driven, leading
to an 0C4 because the input requirements are different.

@Rob: Thanks for the detailed reply, I will reply to each of your points:

(o): Each ASCRE is issued from a different TCB that have their own work storage
obtained.

(o): The ODAs are as expected, I use the returned ECBs to coordinate with an AS
initialisation module. The RC is zero.

(o): See above about ECBs. I started up a transaction with TCB1 which completes
after creating a new AS. I then do a transaction with TCB2 and it creates a new
AS. I then do another transaction with TCB1 and when its AS terminates I get an
abend 0C4 in the exit in the code running under TCB2. This gives the impression
that TCB1's exit has been replaced by TCB2's.

(o): The code containing the two exits is all still in memory.

I too doubt there is a problem with ASCRE but was wondering if there is a
system limitation that one AS can only have one ASCRE termination exit active
at one time. Where does the TRMEXIT address get saved? At TCB or ASCB level?
Anyway, though an interesting problem, I need this to work and the obvious
solution is to code one independent exit that will work with both types of
transaction.

Thanks to all who replied. 😊
Robin