From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Grant Taylor
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 10:52 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: And the survey says...

On 4/29/21 11:45 AM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
> But too many users reach by reflex for the Windows screen snapshot
> shortcut.

I suspect that's because for GUI applications, a picture, is probably
quite appropriate.

Conversely, for terminal applications, a decided subset of most Windows
applications, text is better.  So in this case, the terminal application
is an outlier and subject to the more common default picture.

But I completely agree, the text copy & paste is a LOT better.

Props if the terminal can take a screen capture which is tantamount to
do an entire screen copy for you to paste as text elsewhere.