On 5/7/2021 9:57 AM, Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw wrote:
Tom,

CPACF is considered part of weaponry by the US government and so it has to be
capable of being disabled for those countries where exportation of encryption
is restricted by US Govt arms rules. This is why it has to be explicitly
selected.

Yes, and I've always found it interesting that the allegedly bad people can still get the logic elsewhere.

Reminds me of DeCSS Haiku - where the source code for decrypting DVD's was restricted, so someone wrote it out in Haiku as a protest.