He obviously didn't star on a 704.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
David Spiegel [dspiegel...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 4:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: 3270 emulator / telnet with encryption

Hi Richard,
This reminds me of a story.
Approximately 26 years ago, myself and a colleague were invited to a
multi-vendor meeting at a customer site to help solve a problem.
My colleague had the misfortune of pronouncing "SAP" as "sap" (rather
than Ess-Ay-Pee). The SAP guys there went stark raving mad and were
almost screaming at my colleague for this perceived infraction.
I suggested to my colleague that it was probably time for a B-E-E-R.

Regards,
David