I'm writing about "Back to the Future" for mainframers -- historic (but sometimes forgotten) mainframe lessons needed by and best-to-be learned by new mainframers (but everyone, really).

This includes favorite techniques, conventional wisdom and common knowledge so obvious that they risk not being recognized and passed on, eternal truths that keep being rediscovered, etc. Most useful are broad principles rather than specific and maybe-ephemeral how-to or fix-this tips.

It will be the usual relatively short article, so brief is best. And please copy replies to me so I don't miss them in list digests.

Thanks for helping...

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc.       g...@gabegold.com
3401 Silver Maple Place, Falls Church, VA 22042           (703) 204-0433