Shmuel Metz wrote:
>I couldn't get any hits earlier than 1981.

Yes, I stand corrected. The beta search form allows dates as early as
January 1, 1976, but the earliest announcement letters in the system are
from 1981. Coverage still looks spotty, but that doesn't surprise me,
particularly for non-U.S. and non-English letters. There are two EMEA
announcement letters in the system purportedly published in 1979, but
they're obviously miscoded and not actually from 1979.

You may occasionally find references in particular announcement letters to
earlier 1970s announcement letters, but that's obviously not guaranteed.

>Are there any legal issues in citing documents from there
>on wiki?

I'm not a lawyer, but I doubt there would be. IBM is publicly publishing
this information, and I assume you're not republishing it beyond fair use
under copyright law. Presumably you'd just cite a specific IBM U.S.
announcement letter, by number and date, and provide a link either to the
specific announcement letter or IBM's general announcement letter site
with a "Retrieved on..." date.

>Would it be possible to add options for from-to date ranges and
>for oldest first sort order?

Here's the Feedback link if you'd like to send any requests:

https://ibm.biz/BdqEX4

Timothy Sipples
I.T. Architect Executive
Digital Asset & Other Industry Solutions
IBM Z & LinuxONE
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com