On 6/11/2021 12:21 PM, Bob Bridges wrote:
Coïncidentally, I have an iSPF-related question this morning.  I find I want to
write a REXX that can turn on or off a sort of test mode, by doing an ALTLIB
and LIBDEF (one each).  When this test mode is on, ALTLIB and LIBDEF are active
and the commands I invoke will come from the ALTLIB library; when I'm done,
I'll turn the test mode off and the REXX will clear the datasets.

I can easily enough create an ISPF variable to track the current status.  But
is there a way to look at the ALTLIB and/or LIBDEF status without it?  I mean,
is there some command I can execute that'll determine whether an ALTLIB or
LIBDEF statement is (so to speak) active?

Bob,

You can use TSO ALTLIB DISPLAY and outtrap to see if ALTLIB is active. There is also an ISPF service QLIBDEF to show the LIBDEFs.

Regards,
Tom Conley