From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
David Spiegel
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 7:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: ISPF Edit: Introduce New SUBMIT Module

Hi,
I need help to figure out how to add a new Primary Command to ISPF Edit, so
that I can test a RYO SUBMIT Command written in Assembler.
Let's assume that my module is called $UBMIT (with an ALIAS of $UB).
I do not want to write an Edit Macro to do this. (I already wrote one of
these). nor do want to invoke an Edit Macro which will call the Command
Processor.

(The user will type $UB on the Edit Command Line and use the RYO program
instead of the IBM-supplied SUB.)

(As an aside, one of the reasons it has to be written in Assembler is so that
the program can access the INTRDR's RPLRBAR and thereby TPUT the Job Number
after SUBMIT.)

Another related question: How does ISPF "know" what SUBMIT means?

Thank you in advance,
David