From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Jeremy Nicoll [jn.ls.mfrm...@letterboxes.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2021 11:52 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ISPF Edit: Introduce New SUBMIT Module

On Thu, 24 Jun 2021, at 16:38, Seymour J Metz wrote:
> Is there an ISRCMDS tables? If so, that's how EDIT recognizes its
> command.

Are you sure?  You're saying that ispf edit presents the panel then
doesn't immediately process the command line to parse its own
valid commands?

Or does it (if such a command table exists) set each internal cmd
to ... trying to remember ... "PASSTHRU" is it?

Why would it introduce an extra layer of command processing for
its own commands?

> Also it's valid to specify SELECT PGM(foo) in a command table.

That's why I said "or programs" in

  "other commands (ie clists, rexx execs or tso command processors)
   or programs "

meaning either select cmd() or select pgm().

A lot of people, in my recollection, assumed that select cmd() could
not pass control to a load module, whereas it could ... if that was a
(tso) command processor.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.