In this case I would write a small rexx program to call the assembler. As
it is rexx, the name typed assumed to be a macro. BTW, the problem can
easily be solved by rexx OUTTRAP (to capture the job number).

ITschak

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring
for z/OS, x/Linux & IBM I **| z/VM coming soon  *