From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Colin Paice
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:08 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: How should I send file to another sysplex securely.

I was wondering the best way customers send sensitive data between z/OS images.
I was thinking about exporting one's private certificates.

   1. I can create a dataset of the private certificates on system 1 and
   have it encrypted.   I can send it to the other system.   How can I decrypt
   it on the remote system as it needs shared certificates?  It seems a
   chicken and egg problem
   2. I can put a password on the file through JCL and use FTPS to send
   it.   This could easily be broken

This is hypothetical, but I would be interested in how to do it.

Colin Paice