Guys, this is the problem with inventing your own solution.

Public keys are, well, public. You can transfer them over an insecure medium.
You can put them on your Web site. You can announce them over the PA. The TLS
protocol transfers public keys over the communication link before it is trusted.

> If the OP can't safely get a public [key] copied between LPARs / CECs in a
> trusted network

The new fashion in fact is to NOT trust internal networks. You really don't
know how far an intruder may have intruded, so you should assume every
communication channel is insecure. In the new era of cloud and partners and
bring your own device, exactly what is an internal and what is an external
network? (This new paradigm is called "Zero Trust."
https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/detail/sp/800-207/final. I have a
presentation on Zero Trust coming up courtesy of New Era, but we don't have a
date yet. A good month or so out.)

Charles