Hi Rob

  Thanks for your help!

  I have another question.

  When we use the SDSF ??FILTER" command on the operlog, the output of
"FILTER" is the complete messages ( for multi-line messages)

 If we use "POS" or "INDEX" on the OPERLOG  rows, how to
handle  multi-line messages?

Thanks a lot!

Jason Cai

??????:
                                               "IBM Mainframe Discussion List"

  <rsc...@rocketsoftware.com&gt;;
????????:&nbsp;2021??9??20??(??????) ????8:55
??????:&nbsp;"IBM-MAIN"<IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU&gt;;

????:&nbsp;Re: How to use the FILTER command for OPERLOG in batch

The SDSF "FILTER" command normally applies to tabular panels like "DA" or "ST"
and not browse panels (of which "LOG O" aka OPERLOG is one).

In 1995, SDSF added some special case code so that FILTER would work in
TSO/ISPF with the "LOG O" panel , however it appears this was never implemented
into the REXX interface. We will take a look to see if there were architectural
reasons why this is the case or whether this is just an omission (or a
regression).

Local testing shows that the ISFFILTER special variable is ignored for "ISFLOG
READ TYPE(OPERLOG)" function calls on z/OS 2.3 and 2.4.

In the meantime, I suggest you implement some sort of REXX exec filtering using
functions like "POS" or "INDEX" on the OPERLOG rows that are returned in the
ISFLINE stem variables.

Rob Scott
Rocket Software

&nbsp;please notify Rocket Software immediately and destroy all copies of this
communication. Thank you.