The thing about you list dominators, is you think you know it all and should
never be challenged. I love when the IBM experts corrects one of you.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, October 7, 2021, 6:01 PM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

Exactly, and "that was not a real hack" would not get your data back.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Brennan
Sent: Thursday, October 7, 2021 4:50 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Mainframe ransomware solution

I'll repeat what I always say about this.  If I was hacking a mainframe
I wouldn't start with the mainframe, I'd start with the sysprog or
security admin's PC or Mac or email or phone or whatever.  In that case
it doesn't matter one bit how well the mainframe is protected internally.

And please stop with the political remarks.  This seems to be the one
place on earth I can go without reading about politics.  A place where I
can enjoy a 50+ post back-and-forth between Seymour and Gil, for
example, without hearing one word about US politics.