Well, now that this thread has devolved into war stories (often the best
part of a day's digest):

A friend working helpdesk once hacked an end-user's PROFILE EXEC on CMS so
that every OTHER time he logged on, it would do something odd, forget what.
User made SEVERAL trips between her* office and the helpdesk office before
he finally let her in on the joke.

(Several things in that story that couldn't happen today: having a help
desk, having it local, end-users on CMS, etc.)

*Prankster wasn't sexist-I believe both were men. I chose genders to make it
clear which person was which.