From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Charles Mills
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:27 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Lost datagrams on z/OS 1.12?

And the answer is ... that I am not a very happy camper here.

I sent "version 1.3" off to the customer. The only changes are diagnostic,
not "functional." And guess what -- the problem has gone away.

So either

- the customer is confused and/or was also making firewall or router changes
at the same time. I don't think that is the case.
- moving variables around has obscured the problem. That's the one that
worries me. Very little variable movement so hopefully not.
- perhaps compiler/library maintenance? Thank you Lloyd I am looking into
that. Not much time between versions. "Version 1.2" was compiled on Feb. 25
and "Version 1.3" yesterday.

Otherwise I just don't know.

Charles