I for one believe in the Right tool for the Right Job!  For general purpose
programming, Cobol does the job.  Java, it has to be translated each time it
run, provided you know the language and it's been debugged.  Schools may teach
it but they too want to make money and look good because they can say it's
modern and that is what they push.  Any CEO or executive who doesn't look at
the total cost is doomed to fail.

    On Thursday, October 21, 2021, 10:46:27 AM EDT, Eric D Rossman