With Java and shared classes, it keeps a copy of the compiled classes in a
data space. You can now "save" the latest image to disk, and reload that
next time you run.  If you save it every day, you  will be able to restore
the latest and greatest optimised version.
Without the shared classes, the first use  after IPL is slow, the second is
much faster.  See "Some of the mysteries of Java shared classes"
<https://colinpaice.blog/2021/05/24/some-of-the-mysteries-of-java-shared-classes/>