Thanks David,

   1. Even if you are right about the version numbers, we still have 5
   different versions here.
   2. Your claim about the sub-version is interesting. So Z/OS 2.4, just
   fir example, all RSU levels are the same. I don't think so, and so do the
   NVD administrators. Read the range of the affected versions. it includes
   all three levels.
   3. I am sure your company does a great job with versioning.
   4. The major issue with open source is that there is no formal life
   cycle. Usually it is a vendor product that you need to completely upgrade
   instead of installing a PTF. See your offering such as BASH. It is
   downloaded and installed. no service exists. Do you expect the user to
   check every day if there is a new version?

ITschak

*| **Itschak Mugzach | Director | SecuriTeam Software **|** IronSphere
Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring for Z/OS, zLinux
and IBM I **|  *

*|* *Email**: i_mugz...@securiteam.co.il **|* *Mob**: +972 522 986404 **|*
*Skype**: ItschakMugzach **|* *Web**: www.Securiteam.co.il  **|*