On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 at 15:41, PINION, RICHARD W.
<rpin...@firsthorizon.com> wrote:

> We are running z/OS 2.4 on an IBM Z15.  We encountered the following error
> when running with ZSORT=YES.
>
> ICE269A WITH ICEMTST ERROR 4013E000 00000008 01000000
>
> We retrieved the fixing PTF's of UI77613 and UI76949.
> UI76949 is a PRE of UI77613.  UI76949 has a HOLDERROR
> of CH42336, which I think equates to APAR PH42336.
>
> Every time I search for PH42336, I get the following
> link,
> www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/ph42336<http://www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/ph42336>.
> When I click on the link, rather than getting a
> description of the APAR, I get the IBM Support
> Access screen, which I don't get, if I search on
> the two PTF's above.  I've put in our customer
> number.  But, that does not help, the screen
> repeats.

The APAR is in OPEN status:
PH42336: ABEND S800 D AFTER APPLYING PTFS FOR PH20594 21/11/24 PTF PECHANGE

This is related to the earlier thread "How to get APAR number", where
I pointed out that you need to sign in to see OPEN APARs.

I started at https://esupport.ibm.com/customercare/psearch/search?domain=gapar,
searched for PH42336, that showed me a list of one APAR with the
little key icon, I clicked on it, it prompted me for an IBM ID, and
after a lot of flickering and screen refreshing I got to the APAR
text.

There is no fix, but there is a workaround:

BYPASS/CIRCUMVENTION:
The following option will disable use of zHPF for sortwork at
the job level:
//DFSPARM DD *
 DEBUG $ZEXCP$=OFF

I don't see any "IBM confidential" or the like in the text, but I'm
hesitant to post the whole thing here.

I should point out that my IBM ID is of the most basic kind that
anyone can apply for. It is not connected to any kind of entitled
support that I know of.

Tony H.