There is an inherent flaw with the support of user written prefix commands on Kedit that prevented me from migrating my most used macro from CMS to Kedit. Kedit does not store the 'real name' of the prefixed entered. It only stores the name of the macro actually invoked. I have a prefix macro that is invoked by multiple names, such as M, C, I. Within the macro I need to know which character was entered in the prefix area for a specific line. Kedit performs a backward lookup and always returns the the first synonym defined for the macro, so you don't know what was really entered.

I used kedit for editing on my pc, I just can't use this one macro.

Tony Thigpen