I doubt IBM acted without the approval of AT&T.

IBM rejected the decision and said it intends to appeal the ruling.

"This verdict is entirely unsupported by fact and law, and IBM intends to
pursue complete reversal on appeal," IBM said in an emailed statement. "IBM
acted in good faith in every respect in this engagement. The decision to remove
BMC Software technology from its mainframes rested solely with AT&T, as was
recognized by the court and confirmed in testimony from AT&T representatives
admitted at trial." ®

It’ll be reversed.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone