LOLOLOLOL yeah, you’re a critical thinking master. Anyone with Legal experience
(me) knows this will be overturned.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, June 3, 2022, 12:59 PM, zMan <zedgarhoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

IBM has supported *me *indirectly since before I was born. Bill mistakes
critical thinking for bias, and reveals his own lack of the former and
excess of the latter instead, alas.

Charles's question is incisive, and reflects IBM's dilemma. However, the
solution would have been to renegotiate or dispute the agreement, not to
unilaterally break it. Whether it's an anticompetitive agreement or not, it
was an agreement. You don't get to say "I think this is invalid and
therefore I'm going to ignore it": that way lies chaos. You instead apply
to a court to have it declared null and void. The fact that IBM with its
legions of lawyers did not go this route suggests (does *not *prove) that
they did not believe they would prevail.

Speculation, based on having worked with AT&T: I tend to doubt that AT&T
specifically wanted to unhook BMC products. I suspect IBM said "We can save
you $ by using our versions of these products", and that THAT's what AT&T
wanted (as would most any customer).

I wonder whether in a future, similar scenario, Kyndryl's independence
might change the equation. Similarly, the large number of products IBM has
silently divested (Optim, Rational, SPSS, more) probably also subtly
changes it, in that the savings may not be as realizable.