On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 9:06 PM Bill Johnson <
00000047540adefe-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote, in reply to my
request for a citation that shows Tony Harminc thinks that IBM *will* hand
over $1.6e+09:

> On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 at 15:49, Bill Johnson
> <00000047540adefe-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Saying it will or won’t be overturned is just as silly as insinuating
> IBM will now hand over 1.6 billion at this stage of the proceedings. Yet,
> the headline states and the OP assumes exactly that. Gleefully I might add.
>
> Uh, no. The subject line is exactly "IBM ordered to pay $1.6b to BMC".

That's what I thought. What I don't understand is how you can read more
into that statement than that IBM was *ordered* to pay. In particular, that
statement says exactly zero about IBM's intentions, and does not assume
that the order is the last word - which, sa you have repeatedly pointed
out, it is not.
--
Jay Maynard