Have you stopped beating your wife? There is no agreement of what is a better
language, much less a description of the context in which to evaluate "better".

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 8:06 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Some questions on SYSCALL

On 29/06/2022 6:37 pm, Seymour J Metz wrote:
> Sme, but manageable. The article Safe REXX at
> <http://secure-web.cisco.com/18tXxLjz2q-nDjE3Fk3aQsvRJpFcP22D9GKeoWSbitPmfcGAttYHjb-kP18U8Ikl-aTGx-pwraxaebV32MLF29JU1T5PHRSawvmtcOGrlNGx7qinsWE4REjw9lBM0v-qPHaExEKTjFI5whqyzgNqyyP8lJXknHgVjB9cG81on4LMjV-ujVAqpW3I-PSQoBgSx1-68Dt9t0tiiiZC2mDbYmhMIfA34222KIpNnr3jIWqO2GmhJvocQ6YsZ4LFzMypLVDsEzR1jq2yHlrf-j3yNYMBOBBgbawlGvlwTlhcDmyj5VUWQPczUZkWLHAwKtz8DidQWTRQb3gMsJzKiE-WSx1GWdm6Q0IiDjs2_Omg4xTOuCBtUymaNKzQUCYdHr65JzHggOCeIsQlhDwHMCl30Fku0q_ApFl2GTV8nFoXiCad0H0PKU9S6UZqHhGLy0ZqE/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rexxla.org%2FNewsletter%2F9812safe.html>
>  and
> <http://secure-web.cisco.com/1YOkF0HmSXzgkUjFJmn8yFhg2L09HrpgS0qAPaRvAUGL9PH3DMRW9K45clWzrW3ewTanQwrdKON0NcKzVyqjLzs0d5niuN5Wj3Wz8MHU971Gj4znrgmAATcjrWFQuA1kJt6A09GQttX8NMkRBn485myf2jYTkMEdH4Wi8xuhHqRIh3-zivudzlZAe3urnn9HJS_dAirVPwjrWMdNZKY23K2d0i77HzCdFFa2Bomro21ICQV5LodBCmW7FVOYvTEK9Mt6MKlkVZxG9bwOvl_233vbJ1fMWIxmy9wqXSdyBfeiAbPJI3BDNK-pVkTQXi1u435aytEI2WvKF5emDChP3q5DKBhScFJ5oDZeN8lMrLcbd4hAcHY!

nrtSS_rhn5jeu2S3924pgQlUz_wRvRDI4Yo6x5c15qLVoxg18D_XjKAA_W9IwcaxWHhc_lIcXL81Pt/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rexxla.org%2FNewsletter%2F9901safe.html">
 has some tips on avoiding REXX pitfalls.

What's the point in managing something when you can just use a better
language? It's a good time to be working on z/OS as we have an abundance
of choice. That's not entirely obvious on this forum where every problem
seems to be met with a ham-fisted REXX solution.

Yes, Crayford's bashing REXX again. I have some experience of using z/OS
UNIX REXX services but I didn't find it productive. Maybe somebody with
more knowledge than me could post a snippet that demonstrates how to
recursively traverse a directory tree printing the entries.