Yes ... Here is an example: X ALL; F ALL Do 10;F All END 10

Regards,
David

On 2022-06-29 11:39, Bob Bridges wrote:
My first language was a subset of PL/1, and I still think it's a great
language, but there doesn't seem to be much call for it at the clients I serve.
 I didn't know PL/1 programmers indent the END with the paragraph; I thought it
was just my preference, but maybe I learned it earlier than I thought.

I don't follow what you're saying about ISPF.  If I indent the END, then I can
use eXclude and Show to reveal the start of code blocks in certain column
numbers without the END obtruding, which (it seems to me) is just what I would
want.  Or are you thinking that you can make sure there's an END for each one?
I guess that would work.

Usually I test a program as I'm developing it, running it in its unfinished
state every so often to be sure that the parts I've written so far are working
correctly before going on to the next part.  So, for example, I read the input
data and table it, and generate a SAY statement to be sure it's parsing the
input correctly.  Then I delete that SAY and write the next part, with SAY
statements to convince me it work, and so on.  But occasionally I complete a
large amount of code, only to have REXX tell me that I'm missing and END
somewhere.  It's usually not hard to go through the program and check each
block of code, but yeah, a couple of times a year the problem hides from me for
15 minutes or so.

I've written stuff in ISPPF, but never long enough for this to be a problem.
If it needs to be that complex I write an external REXX.

---

/* If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not
possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my
theory would absolutely break down.  -Charles Darwin, _On the Origin of
Species_, first edition p189. */