It amazes me how little most laypeople know about IT and how easily they are
brainwashed into believing the cloud will solve everything. Oh, and how little
they’re willing to spend. Except for their cinnamon dolce latte.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, July 26, 2022, 2:43 PM, Pommier, Rex <rpomm...@sfgmembers.com>
wrote:

"move it to the cloud and that'll fix all our problems."

Maybe, just maybe, if your government would have allowed your IT department the
resources to maintain your systems you never would have hit this fiasco in the
first place?    Yes, I used to work for a state government and while there was
much waste, it definitely wasn't in their computer systems.  It was like
pulling hens' teeth to get money appropriated to keep the systems even
reasonably current.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
John S. Giltner, Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 1:05 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: "Mainframe outage affecting W.Va. state agencies could
take 48, 72 hours to resolve"

Seems 2 parts failed and it happened last week.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.wvpublic.org/government/2022-07-21/mainframe-failure-shuts-down-dmv-dhhr-computer-systems__;!!KjMRP1Ixj6eLE0Fj!vEZK521pu_6IJVdRgo_xHFeC_aYqpKgh4x9uMlslIsuQpAhalnNGi59BT15vUbw3z_xK-hi4dXFdwgDv$

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format. Thank you.