Is your code a good candidate for an ARR?

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Joseph Reichman [reichman...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 10:50 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: clarification on SDWAEPA. (was ...SWDAEPA)

I have a number of CSECT in my main module
I always do a link eploc= to every CSECT
First thing I do at every CSECT is establish
An Estae passing parms such CSECT name
And retry address
I also always use the same base register
And have a branch around eyecatcher of CSECT name and date

In my standard recovery which I use for all my code if don’t find a sdwaname I
do chain the rb comparing the CSECT name to the CDENAME
I do check if it’s a major or minor CDE since in my code it’s typically minor

This seems to work when I have gotten abends and by work I mean I have
eventually been able to retrieve my registers

I also delete the Estae on the way out if the CSECT

I didn’t see this method in any IBM books
Or share

So I am asking Peter yourself  if it’s  good practice