I issue a plain WTO :    wto   'This is a message'
I also issue a WTO  :    wto   text=dsa_wtotext,mf=(e,dsa_wtoarea)

In both cases the WTO appears in the SDSF LOG.

But I also get an IEF170I message for each WTO no matter the flavor.

IEF170I 3          This is a message

A WTO or WTOR macro requested a write-to-programmer (WTP) operation. The system
was unable to complete
WTP processing due to an error

3 means "The system issued the PUT macro to a system message data set, but
failed."

The code runs in an exit but since SVCs are allowed in the exit, the code must
execute in TCB mode.

Is there something in the WTO parameters that causes the IEF170 message to
disappear ?
Maybe a combination of MCSFLAG, DESC and ROUTCDE ?

Thanks in advance, Pierre.