&SYSJOBNM - JES System Symbol (Name of the job - SASSTEST)
&LYR4   &LMON   &LDAY  - Dynamic System Symbols

According to IBM, I should be able to use (substitute) the values of these
symbols into the In-Stream Data,
if I code "SYMBOLS=EXECSYS" on the DD Statement.
Below is a PROC and Pend executing IEBGENER and the contents of the output file:

JOBNAME: &SYSJOBNM
&SYSJOBNM._D20221111.ZIP

Question: Why wasn't the value of the JES System Symbol (SASSTEST) substituted
in the two records, but the values of the Dynamic System Symbols were
substituted?
Any help would be appreciated.

//SASSTEST JOB OPS,'TEST',CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=X
//*
//COPYPROC PROC
//*
//PS0010   EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSIN    DD DUMMY
//SYSUDUMP DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//*
//SYSUT1   DD DUMMY
//*
//SYSUT2   DD UNIT=DISK,SPACE=(TRK,(1,1),RLSE),
//            DISP=(,CATLG,DELETE),DSN=SASS.PRD.LSASSO.TST
//*
//PS0020   EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSIN    DD DUMMY
//SYSUDUMP DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//*
//SYSUT1   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SASS.PRD.LSASSO.TST
//*
//SYSUT2   DD SYSOUT=*
//*
//         PEND
//*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
//JS0010   EXEC COPYPROC
//*
//PS0010.SYSUT1 DD *,SYMBOLS=EXECSYS
   JOBNAME: &SYSJOBNM
   &SYSJOBNM._D&LYR4&LMON&LDAY..ZIP
//*
//*--------------------------------------------------------------------*

Thank You and Please Be Safe!

Len Sasso
Systems Administrator Senior
CSRA, A General Dynamics Information Technology Company
327 Columbia TPKE
Rensselaer, NY 12144

TEAM: Together Everyone Achieves More

Office Hours: M-F  7 AM - 3:45 PM