OA55138: SYSJOBID AND SYSJOBNM INCORRECTLY DOCUMENTED IN THE MVS JCL REFERENCE
V2R3

On page 50 of the MVS JCL Reference V2R3 under section "Using
the SYSUID system symbol" is the following statement referring
to SYSUID, SYSJOBNM and SYSJOBID:

"These symbols are available to JCL and can be used in in-stream
datasets, and are exported to the running address space."

The statement is misleading because it implies SYSJOBNM and
SYSJOBID can be used in in-stream datasets without an implicit
EXPORT/SET statement like SYSUID. This is not the case.

When SYSJOBNM/SYSJOBID are used in-stream without being
exported, it will result in the literal words "&SYSJOBNM" and
"&SYSJOBID" appearing in-stream, with no substitution.

Thank You and Please Be Safe!

Len Sasso
Systems Administrator Senior
CSRA, A General Dynamics Information Technology Company
327 Columbia TPKE
Rensselaer, NY 12144

TEAM: Together Everyone Achieves More

Office Hours: M-F  7 AM - 3:45 PM