I never stated it had anything to do with revenue going up or down. Yes, it
definitely has to do with where they booked the revenue. Booking some mainframe
revenue in the cloud area makes perfect sense to me and seems to be where the
filers of the lawsuit take umbrage.

The plaintiffs seem the think that the mainframe is old technology, (it isn’t)
and can’t possibly be part of the IBM cloud. (It is)

I doubt a few executives would control where revenue is booked. Likely the
accounting team would do that. Perhaps with some executive input. Plus, the
auditors would provide guidance if something looked unusual.

Not really sure what the plaintiffs are arguing since IBM’s stock and dividends
didn’t do anything unusual. The multiple hasn’t changed much and the dividend
has been stable and consistent.

Any payments to the executives are approved by the board and the board is voted
on by shareholders.

I’m betting they simply were unhappy with the lack of stock price appreciation.
Watching MSFT, AMZN, and GOOGL sell for much higher multiples because of the
cloud hype.

Unless it is related to the Kyndryl split? But, doesn’t appear to be with what
I read.

I was employed at Phar Mor when they were exposed as the largest corporate
fraud in US history.  1991. Surpassed since then by at least Enron. But Phar
Mor had 2 sets of books and had hired executives from the auditors (Coopers &
Lybrand) to make the coverup possible. Mickey Monus spent a decade in prison
for that and Jeff Walley & Patrick Finn, 2 accountants were found guilty too.
Finn did around 30 months and Walley got probation. I sat in many meetings with
those guys.

The fact they withdrew the case is troublesome. If they were confident of their
original position, why withdraw it? Looks to me like grabbing at straws.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, January 30, 2023, 4:41 PM, Pommier, Rex <rpomm...@sfgmembers.com>