are talented individuals here? Of course. But, there are also some who are full
of crap or just here for the professional networking.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, February 6, 2023, 12:52 PM, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

It's a bit more complicated. While there ma be people who never help and people
who always help, there are also people whose response depends on how busy they
are at the time and who is requesting assistance.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of Tom
Brennan <t...@tombrennansoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2023 12:30 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: I want to cry

"IT was just the means to an end"

Ah, that explains why I can't remember you ever helping someone here
with a technical issue.  Pretty-much anyone I've ever worked with who
got into this business *only* because they saw money, was generally
less-technical and often ended up in management.  The folks who were
truly interested in computers were the ones who got things done
technically and were always ready to help others.